Skincare for Men is on the RiseIt's not just women who are going into cosmetic surgeons, spas and using Botox, men have been spotted wanting to bring back their youth as well. The programming engineers who blazed the trail of internet, personal computers and the tech age have been followed by young fresh minds that are innovative with new ideas, ready for risk and quick decisions.
Staying in Silicon Valley with a lot of experience and skills can fall short with the changing culture and skills, and having grey hair and wrinkles are the first sign that you aren't able to keep up with the workforce. "The Brutal Ageism of Tech" by Noam Scheiber talks about this phenomenon of men going in for Botox in their twenties, staying away from the sun for fear of wrinkles and working on premature baldness... before they even have it.
What Men can Do to Keep Looking YoungWhat studies have found with the fear of aging in Silicon Valley is they want to start early to looking young so they age slowly. A good skincare routine can slow aging and keep men from looking young without having to go straight to the cosmetic surgeon.
How to Slow Aging1. Sunscreen - Quality sunscreen with age fighting antioxidants and moisturizing ingredients without fillers such as fragrance and colors is the best skincare product to slow aging.
2. Retinol Night Cream - Let your skin rejuvenate while you sleep. Retinol promotes collagen skin cell growth, and reduces acne and other skin problems. Retinol can dry your skin so start slowly.
3. Vitamin C Serum - Vitamin C used during the day with sunscreen helps promote skin cell growth, stops DNA mutations and reduces burns, being a repair for your skin.
My Skin Already Looks Old, Now What!?Continue to do the above, but now bump up the repair by:
1. Use a tinted sunscreen on the face to smooth out age spots, fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
2. Use a anti-aging cream that helps stop glycation like SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Interrupter.
3. Use targeted creams for your worst areas: