You have probably seen aloe vera all over...in shampoos, lotions, potions, cosmetics, supplements and skin care. Why is aloe vera so popular not only in products, but also among natural medicine enthusiasts ? I'll give you the top ten.
1. When utilizing aloe vera rich moisturizers and shampoos you are boosting your skin and hair with vitamins and minerals. Aloe vera is rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, choline and folic acid. These vitamins are regenerative and strengthening. The minerals calcium, iron, potassium, copper, manganese, selenium, sodium, chromium are abundant in aloe products.
2. Aloe vera supplements are bounteous with 20 different amino acids that can help with the formation of skin, organ tissue and bone. Amino acids are essential for the creation of proteins; protein is crucial in the creation of new cells.
3. Aloe vera will help keep blood healthy as a natural defender by providing the body with 3 different plant sterols. Sterols are fatty acids which reduce the amount of bad fat in the blood. They also may reduce the effects of some allergies.
4. It can improve digestion. Aloe vera is an adaptogen. In herbal medicine an adaptogen is a natural substance considered to help the body adapt to stress and to exert a normalizing effect upon bodily processes. A well-known example is ginseng. As an adaptogen it can help those afflicted with irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and diarrhea. Poor digestion inhibits the body from receiving all the nutrients it needs. Aloe is more than capable in managing digestion and helping regularity in much the same manner as fiber.
5. It's a great detox.....maybe the perfect Monday morning starter. Aloe vera is gelatinous and moves slowly through intestines absorbing all the unwanted toxins. It can also aid in speeding up and improving the effectiveness of a detox regime.
6. Aloe vera is heart healthy. Those with aloe in their system enjoy better oxygen transportation throughout their body. This is not only an aid for the heart, but for other organs as well.
7. Due to it's antibacterial qualities it is an internal and external disinfectant. Great to use on hands as a natural cleanser and decidedly effective in treating viruses and external fungal infections (which does not include your little brother or mother in law ).
8. Aloe vera can reduce inflammation. It is ideal in helping diminish inflammation of joints and tissue; therefore ideal for those with arthritis or all over body stiffness. It won't cure these conditions, but will definitely help. Check with your Doc to make sure aloe vera complements any current medications.
9. So if it improves digestion, will it help with weight loss ? Mais oui. Because it helps break down all the elements within food it helps with digestion of the "good stuff" and helps rid the toxins an "bad stuff". By detoxifying bowels aloe helps you feel ore energetic and yes, LIGHTER !
10. It's seriously easy to find. Just hit the local health store, grow it or find it on shopspaViolet.
Cheers, Miss Violet